Tuesday, October 30, 2007

no wax no mo'


so, i did it. i sold them - all of them. well, most of them. i held onto the treasures, like biggie's singles : 'one more chance' and 'juicy', and black moon's classic 'enta da stage'... and other treats from my youth... but for the most part, all gone... over 1000 pieces of vinyl. i'm a bit sad. but, it's a new era. SERATO is king. sh*t if questlove can rock with it, i can too. whoever came up with it is a genius! your computer streams tracks down to two pieces of vinyl encoded to play whatever you desire in your hard-drive. magnificent! 8000 songs in a small bag - no back aches. lovely.

also, it freed up room in my apartment, tiny as it is. maybe i'll throw a 'no more vinyl' party...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't believe you sold them joints. I still can't believe you don't still have the 3 disc changer CD player we both bought. True.

Hza said...

dude, don't worry about it. I have tons of vinyl chez my parents and I don't really miss it. I hated carrying it dude. Serato/Torq is your friend. Owning the vinyl is one thing, carrying it is such another